Saturday, July 13, 2013

Kesäkuvat Somerniemen torilta (Summer Pictures)

It is a beautiful day here today (28 degrees and very sunny). Cameron and I decided to go to the Saturday market in Somerniemi to enjoy the summer atmosphere, the sunshine and of course some doughnuts. As I had my camera with me I decided to take some shots that will remind Finns living abroad of the Finnish summer. Any Finns anywhere will understand why I picked these particular images!

I bought a silver necklace from a Mexican called Leobardo Aguilar who has told me that I am now guaranteed to find love...so this is one very valuable piece of jewellery!

I bumped into my lovely friend Keanne van de Kreeke, who is a children's illustrator from Somerniemi and also got chatting to Veijo, whose picture I took selling new potatoes. He reads this blog sometimes and I promised to write a special note in Finnish for him.

I hope these summer images bring back good memories to Finns everywhere who appreciate the special things about the Finnish summer.

Eli, vaikka mun suomen kielitaito ei ole kovin hyvää, (pyydän etukäteen anteeksi virheistäni), lupasin tänään Veijolle (jonka tapasin Somerniemen torilla) kirjoittaa tänään viestin hänelle suomeksi.

Joten hei Veijo, tässä se on! Oli kiva tavata tänään. Olin tänään torilla käymässä poikani Cameronin kanssa kun oli niin kaunis kesäpäivä. Kun kamerani oli myös mukana, päätin ottaa myös kuvia kesä imagoista jotta suomalaiset ympäri maailmaa muistaisivat miltä se suomen ihana kesä oikeasti näyttää!

Ostin perunoita ja kirsikoita ja ruisleipää, ja hopean kaulakorun Meksikolaiselta nimeltä Leobardo Aguilar, joka lupasi että korun avulla tulen varmasti löytämään rakkautta....tapasin myös hyvä ystäväni Keanne van de Kreeke, joten matka torille oli hyvin kannattavaa monista syistä.


Toivon Veijo sinulle, sekä kaikille suomalaisille ympäri maailmaa, oikein hyvää kesää täynnä aurinkoa, iloa ja rakkautta. Nähdään!






Keanne van de Kreeke






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Once again a nice blog! And, btw...Veijo was studying in (prepositions!)the same course with me in Jokioinen around 35 years ago..if I remember correctly! Time flies, as they say.... Heikki